College and Career Ready Curriculum
The College and Career Ready Curriculum consists of 18 thirty-minute lessons that are designed to teach students about information that is available to them for planning the path to their aspirations. Students will learn to use the websites, and will also learn what steps to take to plan their futures. After completing the lessons, they complete an online form about their aspirations, and they can then download a plan to discuss with their parents, mentors, and school counselors. After completing the lessons, students can customize the information for their financial, academic record, and aspiration path.
The lessons will help them explore:
Planning a Path to Their Future
- Careers that match their skills and interest
- What education or training is needed?
- What are the expected salary ranges?
- Geographically, where are those careers?
- What is the cost of living in the places matching those careers?
- Are the careers of interest growing, stable, or going away?
- What colleges, training opportunities, or military branches could prepare me for these careers?
- How do you get financial aid? (FAFSA)
- Scholarships and Pell grants
- Comparing Return on Investment (ROI)
- Ways to pay for college
- Free resources for raising ACT, SAT, and ASVAB scores